Top Aces provides advanced airborne training to the world’s leading air forces. Founded in 2000 by a small group of highly accomplished former fighter pilots, Top Aces has the largest worldwide footprint of privately-held operational fighter aircraft that provide advanced adversary, air-defence and Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) training services around the globe. The mission-critical training offered by Top Aces enhances the operational readiness of combat forces by providing a realistic real-world experience while prolonging fleet life.
The company is changing the face of air combat training with its unparalleled safety record, outstanding team and an industry-leading 75 000 hours of operational training flown in support of its customers worldwide. Top Aces has the experience that matters.
Top Aces is a privately owned company and the exclusive adversary air provider to the Australian, Canadian, and German armed forces. We employ a growing team of 270+ highly skilled personnel based in the geographies where we serve our clients. Our more than 40 fighter pilots hail from the Canadian, German and Australian armed forces and 80% of them are Top Gun Fighter Weapons School graduates. We are proud and fortunate to employ many veterans who, along with the entire Top Aces team, contribute to delivering our purpose and values every day under the highest possible technical and operational airworthiness standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities
The AME will ensure that the aircrafts are maintained in an airworthy and dispatch ready status at all times.
- Ensure that all replacement parts are inspected, eligible and properly certified prior to installation
- Ensure that removed parts are properly tagged and routed to quarantine
- Ensure the work accomplished on any aircraft or component is in compliance with:
- The applicable manufacturer’s recommended standards
- Canadian Aviation Regulations
- Company Policies and Procedures
- Responsible to sign for accomplishment of own work on applicable work forms and records, and to review forms and records to ensure entries are made in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Assist in the On the Job Training and instruction of personnel
- Carry out Independent Checks when authorized as per company policies and procedures
- Carry out Receiving Inspections when authorized as per company policies and procedures
- Ensure that his/her related training is valid at all times
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company’s Occupational Health and Safety program:
Employees are responsible for:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately
Education and/or work experience requirements
- Holds a valid TCCA AME M license, with appropriate experience
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work on complex assignments requiring considerable judgment, initiative and technical/specialized knowledge
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Able to communicate in English
- Team player
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Service, Excellence, Integrity…Together
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- Lifting / carrying / pushing / pulling up to 70 lbs
- Working in confined spaces
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and shift work according to flight operations
- Will be required to work outdoors
- Travel is required for the position
- International travel may also be required in this role
- Ability to obtain a “Level 2” security clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
Top Aces is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com