Website Pelesys Learning Systems Inc.
Pelesys Learning Systems Inc.
Who we are
Pelesys Learning Systems is a global leader and provider of training solutions to airlines and airline training organizations. We cultivate an innovative, team-based culture at Pelesys and are looking for fun, enthusiastic people to join our friendly office environment.
Summary of Position
We are looking for a Lead Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our team! The Lead SME of Type Courseware guides the development of courseware to meet regulatory and industry standards. The Lead SME of Type Courseware will coordinate the requirements of regulatory and industry standards for courseware and manage project timeline with key stakeholders: Courseware Development Manager, Team Leads, Pelesys’ SMEs, and client SMEs. This person will report to the Manager of Courseware Development.
What you’ll be doing
• Provide guidance and direction to define project scope, conduct needs analysis, help set up initial course structures and create course plans
• Work with Technical Writer to create the initial course outline to ensure compliance with ICAO, FAA, EASA and TC regulations as they apply to each specific course topic
• Provide regulatory and courseware content consultation to management and sales team
• Review and approve course content and conduct a final review of development to ensure the content is technically accurate and the quality is in line with Pelesys’ standards prior to release to the client
• Work with Pelesys’ customers to incorporate customer specific content into the type courses as required
• Set up weekly status meetings with remote SMEs to ensure that development is on track and content is up to standards
• Supervise and provide direction to existing Pelesys’ SMEs
• Work with Project Manager and Technical Writer to assign tasks and deadlines to Pelesys SMEs
• Work from Pelesys’ headquarter in Richmond, BC, for minimum three days a week
• Other related tasks as required
What you’ll bring
• Current or retired pilot or Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) on Airbus and/or Boeing aircraft
• Experience in airline management and/or flight training in North America
• Strong technical writing and editing skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Ability to work on multiple projects, with defined deadlines and scope requirements
• Ability to work under pressure and on tight timelines
• Ability to complete compliance checks on courseware in conjunction with ICAO, FAA, EASA and TC regulations
• Ability to research regulatory guidelines and standards
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
The position is based in Richmond BC. Currently this is a part-time position with the expectation that the successful candidate will be present in the office minimum three days per week.
Why we’re awesome:
• Flexible work hours
• Friendly and collaborative work environment
• Monthly fun and interactive team events
• Opportunities for professional learning, growth, and career advancement
• Pet Friendly office
If you are interested in this position, please send your application to email@example.com. We appreciate all applications, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org